If you really want to hear about it, I go by B.C. Spines, because my initials are B.C., because my name’s Brittany Cole. Nice to meet you!
I’ve been telling stories for a while now—-since before I could really write, and I’d draw these scribbles on a page and read it out loud. But I can write now, and apparently well enough to graduate from Kent State University in 2017 with a Bachelor of Art in English and a Minor in Writing. Not to brag (except why else would you be reading this but to hear me brag?) but I wrote a novel for my Honors College Thesis and completed a writing portfolio during my undergraduate. Also, I was Summa Cum Laude.
Every person has a story and a perspective, and I try to respect everyone so that they feel their perspective matters. As a writer, I think a lot about other people’s lives and how they perceive the world.
I like to write, read books and comics, draw, photograph, journal, drink tea, listen to music, hike, ride my bike, practice yoga, and meditate. I have a cat, who I like to make fun of even though I love her, and I have a very incredible significant other, who inspires me to be a better person every day, and who has helped me find the truest happiness I’ve ever known. And also I have a family, who you can blame for the way I turned out. (Love you guys!)
If you would like to email me your generous business propositions or contact me with any fan mail, you may reach me at email@example.com or find me on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook as @slantedspines!
- Nadia Montgomery: A Novel published on OhioLink
- “Eyes and Mirrors” published in dona nobis pacem on Amazon, October 2019
- “The Blue Cat” published in Brainchild Magazine Spring 2018
- “Kitchen Lessons” published in Luna Negra Literary and Arts Journal Spring 2017
- “1 Unread Voicemail” published in Luna Negra Literary and Arts Journal Spring 2017
- “Washed Away” published in Luna Negra Literary and Arts Journal Spring 2017
- “folded earth” published in Luna Negra Literary and Arts Journal Spring 2016
- “july 2001” published in Luna Negra Literary and Arts Journal Spring 2016
- “Bad Kids” published in Luna Negra Literary and Arts Journal Spring 2016
Editing by BC
She has also edited Michelle Rodriguez’s novel Strengthened.
For my undergraduate minor in writing, part of the requirement was to create a writing portfolio. I am most passionate about the art of the short story, so I wrote five short stories that all center around the lives of a handful of people who visit a restaurant called Sticky Fingers Diner.
You can view the complete portfolio, including the introduction by me, at this link: